Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
Route: Bukhara – Darband/ mounts Baysun – Shakhrisabz
Darband is situated in the south of Uzbekistan, historically in the territory between Bactria and Sogdiana countries.
This small village has round shape surrounded with the chain of Pamir Mountain. From its location village gave the mane “Dar Band” which means in Persian “Closed Door”.
There are 76 gorges; all of them differ from each other. There are also caves and canyons. There you can enjoy the view of beautiful valley and remarkable flora in spring time. Many mountain rivers irrigate this village.
The population of the village 16000 people and they are busy with cattle-breeding (goat, cow and sheep). The most of inhabitants are Tajiks.
1 Day – Bukhara – Derbend
AM. In the morning drive to Derbent through Karshi. On the way 10km to Derbent stop for SS:
- Temir Darvoza – “Iron gate” or “Derbent walls” (8c) which from ancient times divided two big countries Bactria and Sogdiana. The length of the mountain wall is 800m, height is 11m and width is 6m. Two big mountain rocks looks like gate with very narrow entrance and it seems the horse will hardly cross through it.
- PM. Arrival to village and acc at local family (conditions are simple, men and women stay in different rooms, 6-8 person in one room sleep on the floor).
- Acquaintance with local people, study their life style and walk in the village.
Dinner and o/n at local family.
2 Day – Derbend, excursion to gorge „Sarimast“
AM. Breakfast at local family. Start excursion from Derbent (1100 m alt) to Darai Buzurg gorge (1250 m.alt). Tourists can enjoy the view of the mountain gorge, which we climb up 150 m.
Continue walking to „Kushjilga“ (1400 m. alt), about one hour walk (150m↑).
Walk to „Bindishkof“, „Miyoni du Devor“ and „Lung“ (1700 m. alt).
- Picnic lunch will be arranged on 1700 m high with 2 stops on 300 m enjoying beautiful scenery of mountains. Distance from village to “Lung” gorge is 5 km, ascent 600m.
After lunch walk to village „Sarimast“(1800m. alt), 5km about 3 hours (100m↑).
Picnic dinner and o/n in the tents.
Total walk: 8hours.
Distance: 11 km (700m↑)
3 Day – Sarimast – Matchay – Derbent
- AM. Breakfast. Early in the morning after breakfast walk to holy place „Khojai Maihona“ (1450 m. alt), 2 hours about 2km (350m↓). Here tourists discover one of the biggest natural and the most pure water spring. It belongs to one of holy and famous place of pilgrims. The water of the spring is known as curative.
- Swimming and fishing in the river.
- Lunch with fried fish.
After lunch return to Derbend village.
Dinner and o/n at local house
4 Day – Derbend – Shakhrisabz ( – Samarkand)
AM. Breakfast at local family. After breakfast drive to Shakhrisabz.